New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

We're in Trouble, open
Allison Zelenka
 Posted: Sep 7 2013, 05:52 PM

Character
Awards: None
Dun

"It's just-- we don't have a lot of weapons. . . Or food," Allie said, running her fingers across the fence as she slowly walked along the perimeter. The metal wasn't so cold now. The late morning sun was warm on her skin.

Harry walked at her side, a rimmed hat on his head and his hands in the pockets of his tailored and crease-free trousers.

"You said weapons first," he commented.

"Yeah. . . It's dangerous, you know?"

"Do you think you need weapons inside this fence, Miss Allie? You've been rather safe here, have you not?"

She shrugged, wringing her hands together. "So far. . . But things happen here too, you know? There are all those locked rooms, the noises. . . At any point one of us-- and people get through the fence now and then."

"People. Not things," Harry noted.

"I'm just saying . . . We're not perfectly safe he--what. . ." She pointed through the fence, stopping abruptly where she stood.

They were coming upon the street now, where the park hit the road and the fence turned into a large gate.

--------------------
for fear becoming trust
PMx
^
Harold Smith
 Posted: Sep 7 2013, 05:56 PM

Character
Dun

Harry came to an easy stop beside her, turning to follow the direction of her pointing hand with his eyes. Pavement. Brick. Bodies. Moving, hobbling. Three, five, nine. . .

"Miss Allie, I think you should head back to the hotel now."

--------------------
things do not change; we change
PMx
^
The Third Law
 Posted: Sep 7 2013, 08:56 PM

Admin
N/A

They just kept coming. From an unseen alley, numerous creepers began to shuffle out onto the street that passed before the hotel. They were heading for the fence. Already over a dozen were in view, with more appearing as they advanced.
PMx
^
Cooper Wallace
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 08:21 PM

Character
N/A

"Well this is odd don't you think? Cooper stepped towards the two after listening to their conversation for a bit. "I have never seen then wonder over here like that before. Usually something has to draw them in to get them going like that." He steps up to the fence with his hands in his pockets.

"I hate to be a downer here, but it looks like we have a problem on our hands. Maybe she was right about us needing more weapons."
PMx
^
Harold Smith
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 04:24 PM

Character
Dun

Harry looked to Cooper, frowning slightly.

"Let's head on back to the hotel," he proposed, keeping his voice down and backing away from the fence. "This is why we have the fence. Maybe they'll move along soon enough if they don't have bait dangling in front of them."

After all, they weren't exactly in possession of some great capacity to understand that there were a bunch of people in the hotel. . . Right? That was Harry's understanding of it, anyway.

Turning his attention to Allie, he reached out to touch a hand to her arm. "Come on, sweetheart-- Walk's done for now."

--------------------
things do not change; we change
PMx
^
Cooper Wallace
 Posted: Oct 2 2013, 06:59 PM

Character
N/A

Cooper let Harry and Allie walk ahead a few steps before turning to join them. "She was right you know," he said glancing to Allie then back to Harry, "to mention weapons first." He spoke quietly. Cooper may have been a little insane, he might be the type to view the world as his play thing, but he was stable enough to know that tempting a horde of walkers for no reason wasn't the wisest of actions.

"Correct me if I am wrong but you strike me as a man who favors diplomacy over violence, but you must realize in some part of your logic, no matter how much you want to deny it, that diplomacy is not effective in this new world. Maybe works on the occasional bystander who wants through those gates, cause that man has nothing otherwise. Maybe works on the rare group of like minded survivors. Doesn't work on the men who want what you have and have the means to take it without asking. Doesn't work on the ones who will lie their way in and take what you have while you aren't looking." He points back to the zombies, "Doesn't work on the ones that no longer have the capacity for diplomacy. We have something great here, we need to protect it. We can still let people in, but when someone, or a group comes along that mean to do us harm, we will need more than a fence to keep them out."
PMx
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

City skin by Dun of Newton and RPG-D