New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Hemingwayian Revival
Sandman
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 07:32 PM

OOC
Awards: None
N/A

Hooowdy,

So, I'm obviously new here and I really, really, really hope that this place is still open for business. You see, I ran a similar site for several years, I put it on hold when I became an Admin at another, fairly large, RPG site (World of Tur). Since Tur went down, I terminated my other site and finally finished a huge sci-fi RPG I've been working on. Throughout the years I've had to put these things aside due to college athletics, the military, and other life interruptions.

So I'm back, bored, with not a lot to do except drink and write. I'd love to get back in to this genre and rp on a board that I don't run. I'm launching my sci-fi site soon and I always keep myself a member on another unrelated site so I can relieve some stress from one genre, in to the next.

So if this place is still alive, someone holla' holla' and let me know? smile.gif

I'm an aspiring author, love to use RP to get my brain cooking and network with other talented writers. It has been a passion of mine for quite some time, right next to football, fishing, and all things redneck =P ..

Introduction complete.
PMx
^
Dun
 Posted: Jun 24 2013, 11:55 AM

Admin
N/A

OHHEYTHERE! biggrin.gif

Newton's not closing anytime soon, so if you're looking to hop in, you should give it a shot! We don't have an application process, so you can post a bio that's about as detailed or vague as you'd like and get to posting whenever you feel so inclined. smile.gif

I'm totally with ya when it comes to trying to put your rp eggs in different baskets when running a game. It's nice to just be able to play without also being a major facilitator simultaneously in the same story. I have multiple RPGs that let me work out my ideas, but I'll dabble in games that aren't my own creation now and then, and I really need to have different genres to play with so I can explore different interests at once. It's so refreshing! Plus, I think it does a lot to keep us thinking about what we can do to improve our own games.

--------------------
SP: 25
PMx EMAILx
^
Sandman
 Posted: Jun 24 2013, 08:03 PM

OOC
N/A

It really does! Especially as an Admin, it keeps you fresh and prevents one genre from wearing too old. This particular genre, "got old" because I dedicated about two years solely to it. I branched out, took some time away, and now I'm really feeling it again haha.

I've been preparing this sci-fi site for little over year, so it is definitely nice to get something different on the side. Not only that, but I've been writing with the same large circle of people going on three years now and to get to experience some great rp with new faces is something I simply cannot pass up.

Can't wait! I should have something up tonight.
PMx
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

City skin by Dun of Newton and RPG-D